How does it work?
How it all started
Carlbarks Motor has a long history going back to 1939. Known then as Carlbarks Cykel (Carlbarks Cycle) the company was located in a small room on Kungsvägen in Kumla. During the war years, they started selling motorcycles, and since then has grown out of its premises several times over the years and sold everything from bicycles, motorcycles, garden tools and sporting equipment.
Lasse Carlbark, the current owner of Carlbarks Motor, took over the company in 2002 from his father Carl-Erik Carlbark, who in turn had taken over from his father, Harald Carlbark.
Some milestones in Carlbark's history:
• 1939 Harald Carlbark founded "Carlbarks"
• 1969 Carl-Erik Carlbark takes over
• 1996 Carlbarks Safety School founded
• 2002 Carl-Erik retires, and Lasse Carlbark takes over
• 2004 The opening of the newly built store
• 2005 Lasse Carlbark receives the prize
for Kumla's entrepreneur of the year
• 2015 The first Carlbark's MC event in Spain
• 2019 Carlbarks Motor celebrates 80 years!
"We took part!"
Here you can read more about how some of our 500 participants today experienced their journey, some of all they want to be part of the ultimate driving experience, on beautiful winding roads over mountains and through deep valleys in a magical landscape!
LRead more about Jan, Gunnel, Per, Bruno and all the others...